How to Minimize Tangles in Natural HairSeptember 9, 2017
Our Personal BodyguardNovember 15, 2017
As you can tell from the title, I just turned 26….on Sept. 14th to be exact. Leading up to my birthday I began thinking about all the things that I have experienced over the years. The heartache, happiness, and everything in between. What I realized is that despite the nature of the situation, lessons were learnt.
So here are 26 things that life has taught be over the 26 years I’ve spent on this earth!
- Ohana💕 Cherish your family because they’re all you’ve got. Spend time with them, tell them you love them through words and action; and show them how much you appreciate them.
- Carpe Diem Cease the day! Matthew 6: 34 says “Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Stop stressing and live in the moment.
- You are BEAUTIFUL 💕
- Never search for happiness in others. Only God can give you true happiness and completeness.
- You’re much stronger than you think
- C’est la vie! No matter what life throws at you, don’t let it get you down.
- Be the change you want to see.
- If you want something you have to work for it. And work hard at it because nothing really ever falls into your lap.
- FOOD…. IS…..LIFE!💕 or at least close to it lol
- Laughter is the best medicine!
- Learn to love your body…..flaws and all
- Showing emotions is not weak
- Your mom will always have your back. Even when ‘friends’ let you down.
- You don’t like where you are in life? Change it! You’re not a tree.
- Embrace change
- Doesn’t matter what life throws your way, with God you can overcome and get through anything!
- Lighten up and be silly from time to time
- Dance like nobody’s watching. Chances are…..they’re not!
- If you don’t ask, the answer is always no
- Don’t doubt your gut feeling. The first answer is usually the right one.
- If you don’t try you’ve already failed
- When you free yourself from people bondage, life finally begins!
- There will always be someone better or prettier… be great anyway!
- You never completely heal after loss, you just learn to cope.
- Fear is the #1 dream killer!
- You never really figure everything out when you get older. You simply learn to master the art of BS’n (excuse the lang…. but honestly). So just breathe, and take it one step at a time; one day at a time and let look to God for direction.
I also did an artsy kind of video for my birthday stating the above. (because I’m extra!) Feel free to check it out!